Loving God must precede loving people.
To love God with your whole heart is the key to everything in life! Romans 8:28
Loving God with all your heart will help you develop a thankful heart. 1 Thess. 5:18
Loving God with all our heart means allowing our hearts to be broken by the things that break the heart of God.
· To love God with all our heart is to love God passionately.
· To love God with all our soul is to love God devotionally.
· To love God with all our mind is to love God rationally.
· To love God with all our strength is to love God practically.
The natural result of loving God is loving others in the very same way that we love ourselves.
· We are called to love the unlovely, to care for those who can’t care for themselves, to heal the broken-hearted and to set free the captives. Matthew 25:31-46.
· We have been called to be people of God who love others enough to help them come to God and have the same hope of eternal life that we have. John 3:16
· Our mission is to simultaneously make more and better followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 9:37-38